Friday, January 21, 2011

Native New Yorkers

When I first became a teenager I would fantasize about moving out of my parent’s home and becoming this big shot attorney.  Now at age 26, I am debating on moving back home with my parents in order to save money and start my own business.  My parents are less then thrilled about the new venture but are trying their best to be supportive.

Last night I watched the sun set over Pacific Beach in California.  I stayed in the same spot for about 30 minutes taking photos and talking with people passing by.  The sun set was magnificent with its bright array of colors varying in pinks and oranges. 

With my feet stuck in the sand and my camera by my side, I met a peer who had just moved to San Diego about 4 months ago.  Another person looking to find his niche in the world. Jeff, born and raised, in Staten Island NY lives off of his earnings from playing poker.  On a day to day basis he wonders up and down the shoreline of Pacific Beach.  He randomly chooses people to talk too.  When Jeff first approached me, I was taken a back by his forwardness to meet new people.  We quickly struck up conversation about being native New Yorkers and how much we both loved the ocean view in San Diego.  Jeff never wishes to return NY and highly suggested me making the move to Cali. 

I went into deep thought watching the sun go down.  My life has changed dramatically in the last six months.  I am not in the place where I thought I would be today.  And although I am nervous about what the future holds for me I am still excited to go forward.  Like Jeff I hope to bring my New York pizzazz to California

No comments:

Post a Comment