Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Grandmother

If at age 76 my little old Nanny can get up for a yoga class than I believe anyone can. She gives me inspiration everyday to push myself further on my mat. Every other morning she starts off with a private yoga instructor who is well cultured in Ayuvedic medicine and Ashtanga Yoga. She lives down in central FL and has really found her niche in life.

I find this incredible that my grandmother, at her age finds the time and motivation to take a class. I admire her for her commitment. I believe strongly that this will help to lengthen her good health. She values her body and understands that it is her temple. She eats healthy and continues her workout with a long a walk around the neighborhood.

When I talk to my grandmother she is happy and present. I respect her for her being so grounded in life. I hope one day that I am able to be as well grounded as her. At age 76 I know that I am destined to maintain being the yogi that I am. With my Nanny as inspiration I will continue to strive at my practice and find my niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment