Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Holiday

In the words of Florence and the Machine, The Dog Days are Over.  This is me letting go of my past and letting go of those memories that I so long to forget.  Some would say to not forget the memories and to understand that this is where they brought me.  I would say, this is what the memories taught me.  They taught me to be who I am now and to live for the moment.

I have been living every second to the fullest in San Diego.  I have never felt more present and more aware of who I am as a person, as  I do in California.  This is where I plan to call home and where I plan for my next journey to begin.  The next journey of Liz begins at this moment, this second, this now …

Kevin, a local bartender of San Jose’s in La Jolla, CA, recommended me not going to LA for the day tomorrow.  I thought this would be a great excursion for me to experience.  His words of wisdom were to live in the present of San Diego.  If San Diego is where I initially felt my presence than I should be experiencing it to the fullest.  I agree with Kevin.  Tomorrow I will go by Kevin’s recommendations and explore the coast.  I go where my heart leads me.

Kevin moved from Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA looking to find his so called niche in life.  I was explained the correct pronunciation by a British native yesterday, she explained to me that people in the UK find their niche by exploring the world and taking a holiday.  I am on my current holiday finding my niche.  This could be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment